Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I survived!!!!!

Whew!!!! Today, I participated in the annual craft show at the hospital where I work and I’m exhausted. As much as I look forward to it every year, I’m glad that it is over. Somehow, I forget how much work goes into it ! I baked my little heart out yesterday and baked 24 loaves of pumpkin bread and 3 batches of brownies. I quite literally baked from sun up til sun down. It paid off – I sold every last baked good that I had. I also made some wreaths, and other stuff.

My grandmother, who also works at the hospital, came and sat with me for most of the day. (after she had worked all night) She's practically a fixture there at the hospital - she's been there so long. She's 78 and still works part-time. She knows sooo many people and so many people know her and love her. She's one of those that you can't go anywhere (even on vacation) with her without her running into someone she knows..... She's a sweetheart and also a little on the mischievous side :) She's a mess and a lot of fun too!! She and I have been known to go "people watching". I just hope that I have half of her spunk when I'm her age!

Here is a chair that I made for the show and it didn’t sell – can you believe that? I thought it was cute and I had fun making it. As you know by now, I am a Halloween nut and I love all things Halloween. So, I guess that I’ll just have to add it to my Halloween collection……..bummer
I really do need to downsize my Halloween decorations, but I just love them all so and I seem to keep adding to it every year….. I find way too many things that are just too stinkin’cute!! If you want to see pics of my Halloween decorations, you can click here




My friend, Sandy, also came down and stayed all day and brought some pretty things that she made for Breast Cancer Awareness. Sandy is a breast cancer survivor herself but has now been diagnosed with metastatic cancer. Sandy is definitely the strongest person that I know. Even before cancer, she's has been through so much and everytime that she gets knocked down, she keeps coming right back up. Sandy, you are truly an inspiration to me & I mean it from the bottom of my heart! Keep on fighting Sandy!!!

No comments: