Saturday, October 18, 2008

Remembering "Grammie"

It was on this day, 3 years ago, that Grammie passed away. Addie was only 8 months old at the time and it saddens me deeply that Addie will never know her. Grammie was so very excited about being a grandmother and was absolutely crazy about Addie and just worshipped her.

She flew here to visit the weekend before she passed and I will be forever grateful that we had that time with her. Although she was my mother-in-law, she treated me like a daughter and we spoke almost daily. This picture was taken right before she left to go to the airport and it still gives me chills when I see it. I guess it's just the way the two of them are looking into each other's eyes, it's almost like they were connected on a spiritual level.


Even 3 years later, it does not seem real that she's gone. She will live on forever in our memories and in our hearts, but it's just not the same without her here. We love you and miss you Grammie!

No comments: